The Office of International Cooperation andExchange is responsible for all the affairs related to exchange andcooperation.It is the administrative department of the University’s centralizedmanagement to implement China’s foreign policy and deal with important foreignaffairs.The main functions are as follows:
1. Implement and act in accordance with theprinciples and policies of State governing international andHongKong,MacaoandTaiwanaffairs; accomplish tasks concerning relevant exchange andcooperation at HUHST.
2. Draw up annual exchange and cooperation plan,supervise and push forward the implementation of each item of the plan;complete and submit annual statistics, sheets, and summaries to the higherauthority.
3. Employ and retain both short-term and long-termforeign experts/teachers to work at HUHST.
4. Assist to receive and host delegations(international, or fromHong Kong,MacaoandTaiwan) and make schedules for theirvisits; coordinate and arrange HUHST leaders to interview the delegations.
5. Examine, verify and approve the plans for HUHSTstaff members to go abroad for short term study & research; assist staffmembers going abroad to go through formalities concerning the issuance ofpassports, visas. Be responsible for the management of staff members studyingor working abroad.
6. Draw up plans for and arrange HUHST presidents’visits abroad.
7. Develop cooperation programs; prepare agreementsbetween HUHST and cooperative partners, organize and supervise the fulfillmentof agreements on behalf of HUHST.
8. Apply for, organize and coordinate theinternational academic conferences.
9. Assist subordinate units in preparing andinitiating international cooperative research programs.
10. Develop, submit, and organize programs ofChinese-foreign cooperation in running schools.
11. Admit, administrate and arrange teachingactivities for international students.
12. Accomplish other tasksassigned bysuperiors .
Office of International Cooperation and Exchange
Hunan University of Humanities, Science andTechnology,
Dixing Rd. Loudi City,
Hunan Province, 417000,China
Tel: +86-738-8376006 ; +86-738-8370207